Dear Spotters, 348 Squadron would like to inform you that the Spotters Day selection process has finished after it far surpassed any of the initial expectations. More than five hundred (535) spotters in total, coming from 28 countries, will have the unique opportunity to see and photograph for the last time in European field the Phabulous Recce Phantoms.
The process will continue with the information, from Spotters' side, of the corresponding Embassy in Athens, sending also a copy of your passport. After checking of personal data from the competent Greek authorities, the final list of participants will be drawn.
HAF 348 Squadron, one of the oldest and most historic Hellenic Air Force squadrons, is preparing to suspend its operations after 64 years of continuous operation at the same time with the RF-4E Phantom II retirement. For this special moment, HAF organizes special festivities in 110 Combat Wing in Larissa city which will take place from May 4th to 5th 2017. A static and flying display is going to take place on Friday the 5th. More specifically, static display will include aircrafts from European Recce Squadrons and the HAF Recce Phantoms. The flying display will include the last active Recce Phantoms in mixed formation with the other HAF aircrafts and the Demo teams “Zeus” & “Daedalus”.
110 Combat Wing will host a Spotters Day event on Thursday May 4th 2017. The Spotters Day event is reserved for a limited number of aircraft spotters, who will get an exclusive chance to see and photograph the last active European Recce Phantoms, the arrival of the foreign participants and the trial demos of the main event under slightly different conditions than on the Airshow day itself.
The Spotters Day event is expected to take place within 0730 – 1500 (Local Time) hours according to the following tentative schedule:
- Open gates/arrival 07.30
- Registration 07.30 – 09.00
- Tour 0900 – 15.00
- Departure 15.00
*Beware: Times are subject to change! The number of participants is limited to 300.
The following information is mandatory when sending your application:
- First name(s)
- Last name
- City and postcode
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Passport/ID copy (via email attachment)
- E-mail address
Rules & Regulations:
Instructions from the Spotters Day staff and military personnel have to be followed.
- Fences, signs and restrictions given from any soldier at the airbase have to be followed - any kind of contravention will lead to immediate exclusion.
- 110 Combat Wing reserves the right to refuse admission and expel people if the rules and regulations are violated.
- No entry to areas except for the ones appointed by the Spotters Day staff.
- Children under 14 years of age cannot participate in the Spotters Day event.
- We do not provide disabled parking and transport during the Spotters Day event.
- Animals, ladders, small three steps chairs and folding chairs, wind breakers, tents and umbrellas are not permitted on base.
- Smoking is only allowed outside in holding areas due to risk of fire.
- Photo ID (passport) and confirmation e-mail must be shown upon arrival to 110 Combat Wing. 110 Combat Wing will withhold the passport/photo ID during the Spotters Day.
- Entry only through the main Base gate.